On the 8th of March I planted:
- Runner beans – Enorma
- Onions – Turbo
- Potatoes – Arran Pilot and Desiree
- Lettuce – Butterhead
- Spinach – Spinacia Oleracea
- Leek – Autumn Giant 3
- A head of garlic that was sprouting
- A red onion that was sprouting
- (this I may regret) some sprouting Maris Piper that were destined for the food bin
Nothing unusual or terribly new, OK, the Spinach is new for me, but I couldn’t resist as the seeds were 29p from Lidl.
Planting this year was earlier than last because the potatoes were well chitted at the time I bought them.
Then it snowed, the weather has been cool and I wasn’t expecting anything, but we have a couple of sprouts (spinach I think):
The garlic is growing well, but I forgot to snap it 😦
And… that is it so far.
I’m experimenting with starting my onion sets in egg boxes until they’ve sprouted, I got fed up blackbirds pulling them up or the cat trampling them.
So, Sun, where are you? Let’s get growing please.